Friday, January 9, 2009

Will's artwork

Last night after Will finished his homework, I went thru his backpack to look at the papers he brought home for the day. On some days he brings home a folder with graded papers and on others it is just classwork he did during the day. On most days, he brings home a special drawing that he did in class or in Art. These drawings can be very elaborate creations that he took much pride in creating or they can be simple doodlings he did during some free time in class. Yesterday's artwork was one of those doodlings...a battle scene complete with a helicopter deployment, tanks and some type of armored vehicle. What really caught my eye was the big word he wrote inside what is supposed to be an explosion.




Now, I know what he was trying to spell...BOMB. (Update...Will corrected me and said he was trying to spell BOOM which makes more sense...you were right Melissa.) I called him into the room just to make sure. You just never know some times. I asked him what it said and he told me it was BOMB BOOM. I let out a big sigh of relief and then I asked him to sound it out. When he did, he realized that there should be an M and a B at the end. I asked him if he knew what he had really written and thankfully he didn't...he is only 7 and thank God he isn't growing up too fast! He was so embarrassed when he realized what he did write. I don't think I have ever heard him laugh the way he did or see him turn the same shade of red as his explosion. You just have to love that boy! :)

No comments: